All the companies, how develop and apply AI is a must to be aware of the risks, the limits, the possible negative impact on people and society and other problems, for example because of biased data.
We at Neuron Solutions, continuously observ and apply the requirements of ethical applications and recommendations, in order to build ethical and trustworthy AI systems and provide the knowledge during our trainings and consultation sessions.
The European Commission has established the ethics guidelines in April 2019:
- Human agency and oversight: AI systems should enable equitable societies by supporting human agency and fundamental rights, and not decrease, limit or misguide human autonomy.
- Robustness and safety: Trustworthy AI requires algorithms to be secure, reliable and robust enough to deal with errors or inconsistencies during all life cycle phases of AI systems.
- Privacy and data governance: Citizens should have full control over their own data, while data concerning them will not be used to harm or discriminate against them.
- Transparency: The traceability of AI systems should be ensured.
- Diversity, non-discrimination and fairness: AI systems should consider the whole range of human abilities, skills and requirements, and ensure accessibility.
- Societal and environmental well-being: AI systems should be used to enhance positive social change and enhance sustainability and ecological responsibility.
- Accountability: Mechanisms should be put in place to ensure responsibility and accountability for AI systems and their outcomes.
Source: European Commission